Partners Insurance Group strives to offer you the broadest insurance coverage possible. However, there are some situations where coverage is limited or excluded. One such situation is Flood Insurance. A standard homeowner policy does not insure against water damage such as storm surge, flood, surface water, waves, tidal water, overflow of a body of water, water which backs up through sewers or drains (unless your policy is endorsed to provide such coverage) and water below the surface of the ground.
Things to know:
- Floods are the #1 natural disaster in the U.S. and worldwide. Damage from floodwaters surpasses the losses caused by hurricanes, tornadoes, or earthquakes – as horrifying and powerful as those catastrophic events are.
- 25% of all flood claims are located outside of “high risk” A and V zones.
- The average flood claim for residential is $46,000.
- Depending on your coverage, flood insurance could cover basement contents, pool repair and temporary living expenses.
- The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) may provide you with flood insurance if you live in a participating community.
- Find your home’s Flood Factor – Click Here »